BEST SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES BY - TIKIYOGI®
While sustainable living is becoming more of the norm in popular culture, many still may not be aware of what steps could be taken in order to live this way. TIKIYOGI® is happy to share what practices or steps you can take to help you live a sustainable and eco-friendly life. Of course, these are merely suggestions and following these steps is up to you and what works for your lifestyle.
Going zero waste doesn’t just happen overnight, so start with simple day to day things. It’s important to assess where you’re making the most waste. Typically, plastic is one of the most wasteful objects we use and more often than not end up in the ocean. Let’s say you’ve been throwing away large amounts of plastic, there’s ways to change that:
- Say no to straws
- Bring a reusable shopping bag
- Get rid of plastic water bottles
- Pack your lunch in glass containers instead of plastic
- Avoid snacks/food with excess packaging
- Stop using plastic cutlery
- Choose cardboard over plastic when you can
- Choose metal over plastic razors
- Swap out your plastic toothbrush
- Avoid cosmetic products that contain microbeads
- Get the hang of using wire hangers
- While you're at it, get rid of the plastic hampers too
- Switch to e-billing
- Paper newspapers are a thing of the past
- If it's plastic, think twice.
Our fashion environmental impact has gained more recognition and more people are starting to talk about the myriad of issues it can cause. There are eco-friendly materials that can be used to make clothing and not all break the bank. TIKIYOGI ® uses sustainable techno-fabric, made of a ECONYL® regenerated Nylon that turns waste into fashion.There are more ways to prevent ocean pollution and textile waste, which include other forms of shopping:
- Buy less
- Shop sustainable brands (like TIKIYOGI!)
- Buy second hand, swap, and rent clothing
Lastly, reduce energy consumption at home. It’s more of a case of remembering to do these things and enjoying the benefits. It is not only an eco-friendly practice, but it costs you less when that electricity bill comes around. To do this, simply:
- Shutdown your computer
- Replace your lightbulbs with LED bulbs
- Unplug idle electronics
These were a few quick and mostly cost-effective ways to live more sustainably. Of course, this is a process and won’t happen overnight. But doing whatever you can is a step towards reducing pollution and the negative effects it has on our Earth and ourselves.
Me encanto tu compañia. Esta super fresca y el concepto es fantastico!! mucho exito.